Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blogging Break

Well..as you can tell we have taken a "blogging break" for quite a while now. Things were VERY busy in 2009 to say the least. Daddy joined the army and we moved from Georgia to North Carolina. We had Christmas and two birthdays in December..and Elleigh-Kate's was one of them! =) It is hard to believe my sweet girl is FIVE!!!!!!! Well..it's only hard for me to believe because it seems like yesterday she was my tiny, little baby. Talking to her you may think she was 25. haha! I have said this before and probably will say it many, many times again..she is wayyyy beyond her years. We have started going to a new church in North Carolina and the first time I picked Elleigh-Kate up from her class her teacher said "Elleigh-Kate is very...ummm...proper!"...I about died..but was not surprised to hear that at all. She is VERY mature by nature and having diabetes has made her even MORE mature. She just blows my mind. And speaking of her diabetes...she is doing just fine! I'm not doing too bad either! =) I have learned how many "carbs" certain items have in them and am no longer having to write stuff down. I guess I am becoming a "carb pro". Her bloodsugars are decent each day and all they want is for 50% to be normal..so we are good!!! She still cries some when getting her shots and sometimes I think she is just tired of it..which I can imagine. I mean, who wants 4 shots EVERY..SINGLE..DAYYYY!!!!! I try to ignore her "fussiness" and keep on going because she will have this for the rest of her life and there is no time to dwell on it! It helps alot that I am so positive..it rubs off on her..and I hope she will keep that attitude about her diabetes forever. We are in the process of finding her a pediatric endocrinoligist in North Carolina and she will go back for a check-up in a month or so. Other then that..we are all doing good!!!! I will try my best to keep the updates coming..and I am so thankful for all of you that care so much about Elleigh-Kate. Here are a few new pics of the "diabetic diva"

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment